Thursday, September 17, 2015

Some thoughts on Constitution day

I'm still inspired by the three most important words that begin a masterful preamble: "We the People."

I'm likewise inspired by efforts to continually close the gap between our ideals and our often painful reality.

Suffice it to say I love our Constitution a whole lot more with the addition of the 13th, 14th, 15th, and 19th amendments than as it appeared on September 17, 1787.

Similarly, I'm also inspired by much of what Mormonism has to offer. Likewise, I'm also inspired by efforts to close the gap between our ideals and our reality. Suffice it to say I love the LDS Church much better post-polygamy and post-1978, and I'll love it more in the sure future when my dream becomes a reality and the scripture that says "all are alike unto God"--both "male and female"--is finally understood to mean that all can serve God in whatever capacity best suits their talents, gifts, and abilities, regardless of sex/gender.